Fine Art/George Catlin

Dear Daniel,
I believe that I have a George Catlin original sketch. It is signed and the signature appears to be Catlin. It is a pencil sketch of four men resting on a banked keel boat.Does this subject sound familiar? Is there anywhere online that I can see his signature? Thank you in advance.

Dear John, That would be an appropriate subject for George Catlin as he was an early traveler on the Ohio, Mississippi, and Missouri rivers. There are a couple of websites that have signatures of artists, such as "findartinfo", however they are subscription sites.
If you send an email to me at I will send you an attachment with a facsimile of his signature. Make your subject line "allexperts" and mention why you are contacting me.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.