Fine Art/Gina Lombardi Painting

Question
Hi Mr. Klevit.  I recently purchased an artwork by Gina Lombardi,  it is 19H  X  20W,  painted on silk cloth.  An indian boy who is holding a large bird.  I am certain it is an original and not a print.  On the back of the original frame there is a sticker from an art galery in New Jersey which states it is 1973,  style 1322,  graphic design.  There is an inspection sticker signed Oct. 1972.  I know Gina Lombardi painted in San Francisco - where I live.  Can you give me any help in where I should go to determine the value of this work.  I may sell it or keep it, not certain.  Thank you for any information you can give me.

P.S. I like your last name.  When I became a U.S. citizen I changed my former last name to Miller, which is easier to pronounce,  my last name used to be Kievith - people used to pronounce my name Klevit.

Mark Miller  

Answer
Hi, Mark--for starters, I would call around to some galleries perhaps on Geary Street, or Beach, to see if they know Lombardi's market.  Then I would call local auction houses.  I am a bit concerned by a sticker giving the work a style number, as well as the inspection sticker, which could mean it is a print or transfer.  People in a good auction house should be able to tell, perhaps through a jeweler's loop or simply an experienced eye.  Good luck.  alan.

Alan Klevit