Fine Art/Girl on Yellow

Question
Girl on Yellow
Girl on Yellow  
This art was bought at auction.  The Back has a label Caralda Fine Arts, NY.  The back says artist is Grimm, but the signature on art does not look like that name.  This is framed and under glass.  I read that there was copyright controversey with this Gallery.  Is this art worth anything?

Answer
Hello Mary,  Catalda Fine Arts used to publish reproductions of well known works of art and they did help set a number of Copyright Law precedents in the early 1950s  I do not know which artist created the original your work is based on and therefore I cannot assign a value to it without seeing it in person.  You should consider carefully taking it apart to determine if it is in fact an original print or simply a decorative poster.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke