Fine Art/Girl on Yellow

Girl on Yellow
Girl on Yellow  
This art was bought at auction.  The Back has a label Caralda Fine Arts, NY.  The back says artist is Grimm, but the signature on art does not look like that name.  This is framed and under glass.  I read that there was copyright controversey with this Gallery.  Is this art worth anything?

Hello Mary,  Catalda Fine Arts used to publish reproductions of well known works of art and they did help set a number of Copyright Law precedents in the early 1950s  I do not know which artist created the original your work is based on and therefore I cannot assign a value to it without seeing it in person.  You should consider carefully taking it apart to determine if it is in fact an original print or simply a decorative poster.  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.