Fine Art/Gustave Wiegand

Question
I do realize that by choosing "Fine Art" to search for my answer I'm taking the chance of being a perfect example of an "idiot questioner" for the sites Q & A section. But, in order to resolve a family matter; I honestly need an expert for reference. My Grandmother broke the glass of a picture frame that enclosed her picture/ painting with a signature name of Gustave Wiegand on the bottom right.  Admittedly, I started this adventure by looking up the artist name for her and now she's wanting to invest "a lot of money" into re-framing. I've tried to back-track by looking up different painting media's so to help her decide if what she has is really worth the investment or maybe to just choose something pretty/ practical.  At this point, I'm not sure how to interpret the media types- My thought is "cardboard" - But she insists there is value in the "signature". We need help from "the expert" for advise on what type of treasure she has/ is it a beautiful cardboard painting or a valuable piece of fine art?  I've posted pictures on the following site-I hope they are helpful in that you can assist us. I assure you your response and any guidance will be greatly appreciated.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!  Sincerely, Lisa http://www.putfile.com/lysonitrol/images/141977

Answer
Dear Lisa, I am 90% sure that what you have is a reproduction, worth very little (under $50). If you feel it is actually an oil painting (which Wiegand would have painted on canvas)then send me images according to my instructions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes