Fine Art/H. C. Wolcott Watercolor

We have a watercolor signed by H.C. Wolcott.  It is framed and is about 18X13.  I didn't remove it from the frame since it was in a rat/roach infested storage shed and I was concerned about damaging it.  The center of the picture is a horse drawn trolley and a huge tree proteced by about a five foot fence.  There a lady standing under it in a long blue dress with a blue hat.  There are other people including a peddler loading a hand pushed cart, a man on the sidewalk nicely dressed and carrying an umbrella, two ladies chatting in front of a market, a man in a tophat vest and bowtie talking to another man in what I guess to be a bowlertype hat holding a leash attached to a dog.  An american flag can be seen waving behind the tree top.  It has very nice homes in the background and a church spire behind them.  A horse drawn milk? wagon in going down the street in the distance.  It is a very pleasent picture of a time long ago.I know nothing about such things, but I think it is what is called impressionistic.
 I'm wondering the possible value it may have.  I would love to keep it but since we live in a motor home space is limited.  By the way,  the back looks as if it might be paneling maybe.
BG Lynch  

Dear BG, Harold C. Wolcott (1898-1977) was a New York and Connecticut artist. He was known for oil paintings and prints, but not for watercolors. What you have may be a print. Wolcott did portraits and landscapes with architectural elements. He is not in a big money category, oil paintings bringing a few hundred to a thousand dollars. Prints would have only decorative value.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.