Fine Art/H Zatzka

Question
I have a painting of "The Last Supper" painted by H Zatzka. I purchased this painting from the seller of my first home, she mentioned to me that the painting was her grandmother's who then gave it to her mother.  Her mother past away at the age of 80.  The painting seem to be in its original frame and in very good condition.  Everyone that sees the painting ask me to have it appraised, would this painting be appraised at a high value?

Answer
Dear Maria, The value would depend upon size, condition, authenticity, etc. Generally religious subjects are not desireable today unless by an important Old Master. You painting would likely be valued at the lower end of prices for Hans Zatzka.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes