Fine Art/H Zatzka

I have a painting of "The Last Supper" painted by H Zatzka. I purchased this painting from the seller of my first home, she mentioned to me that the painting was her grandmother's who then gave it to her mother.  Her mother past away at the age of 80.  The painting seem to be in its original frame and in very good condition.  Everyone that sees the painting ask me to have it appraised, would this painting be appraised at a high value?

Dear Maria,

Hans Zatzka, (Austrian 1859-1945), also painted under the pseudonym names of P. Ronsard, Zabateri and J. Bernard.

His auction prices have shown a healthy increase in the past few years. The highest price for an original oil painting listed at auction thus far is $119,544. The median price for his paintings is around $7500.

If it were in my collection, I would have it appraised for insurance purposes or if I were looking to sell it.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.