Fine Art/H Zatzka

Question
I have a painting of "The Last Supper" painted by H Zatzka. I purchased this painting from the seller of my first home, she mentioned to me that the painting was her grandmother's who then gave it to her mother.  Her mother past away at the age of 80.  The painting seem to be in its original frame and in very good condition.  Everyone that sees the painting ask me to have it appraised, would this painting be appraised at a high value?

Answer
Dear Maria,

Hans Zatzka, (Austrian 1859-1945), also painted under the pseudonym names of P. Ronsard, Zabateri and J. Bernard.

His auction prices have shown a healthy increase in the past few years. The highest price for an original oil painting listed at auction thus far is $119,544. The median price for his paintings is around $7500.

If it were in my collection, I would have it appraised for insurance purposes or if I were looking to sell it.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley