Fine Art/Harry D. Reeks Artwork

Question
I'm trying to date two original, signed pieces by Harry Reeks.  I have only gleened limited information of the internet, mostly on his work during WWII.  The two I have are of San Francisco, one being "China Town" and the other being a view of the "Golden Gate Bridge".  Any advise on where to go for further information?  They are family pieces and though not my taste, they appear to be typical of his New Orleans work.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, Harry Reeks was a landscape painter and military sketch artist who has painted city views of New Orleans and battle scenes in the Far East. By 1939, he was active in California, where he returned after the war for several years and did silkscreen prints of San Francisco scenes such as the Golden Gate Bridge, flower vendors, cable cars, etc. He also did a print of the Victory Statue in Union Square.

In 1941, he joined the U.S. Marine Corps and saw action on Guadalcanal, New Georgia, Bougainville, and Siapan. He was the only official combat artist to land on Iwa Jima with the invasion force and spent thirty days on the island sketching the campaign.

He died in Ocean Springs, Mississippi in 1982.

I would be interested in them. I could not find any auction resords so you will have to tell me what you want for them.  Also, send pictures to info@griffinsgallery.com

Joseph B. Laskowski