Fine Art/Help Identifying Baptiste artwork

Question
Hello,
A friend of mine purchased 2 framed prints (16x20) at an estate sale.  She was told they were originals. The label on the back of each reads "Catalda Fine Arts, Inc. NY,NY,   Title: Antique Flowers,  Artist: Baptiste".  I have found some works (copper etchings )online by J. Baptiste Monnoyer, whose work CLOSELY resembles these, but have not been able to find these exact prints.  There is a penciled in price on the back of these for $482.00 ea and they have obviously been stored away for awhile.  On the front left corner of one print, however, it reads "J. Batiste Sculp." and the right corner reads "NDe Poilly ex.cum previl Regis".  On the other print's left corner, it reads "NDe Poilly ex." and the right corner reads "J. Batiste ex.cum previl Regis".  Is J. Batiste" the same artist as Jean-Baptiste(Monnoyer)?  I cannot find any info at all on J. Batiste online.  These look like etchings with beautiful colors of floral arrangements in stone urns on a shelf.  One urn has a carving of an angel's upper torso, showing outspread wings and the other print's urn shows the lower torso of a lions body. On the upper rim of the urn is a lions head with a ring through it's nose.   The flowers are in soft shades of blue, rose, pink, purple, yellow, deep red and green.  They are very similar to Monnoyer's "Floral in Urn I & II". I can send photos if needed.  I would appreciate any help at all!
Thanks very much!
Beverly McMillan

Answer
Beverly--I am not familiar with J. Batiste and have no way of knowing if that is the same artist you found online.  The writing on the front of the pieces often means they are not etchings, but offset lithographs [reproductions].  If there are margins, look for indentations where the image meets the margins, often a tell-tale sign of an etching, since etchings are actually below the surface of the paper.  Who knows what they originally sold for, as the price on the back may well be an "offered" price, not a sales price.  An art teacher at a high school or college could probably tell if they are etchings.  Photos wouldn't help me.  Good luck.  Alan Klevit.

Alan Klevit