Fine Art/Help With Pictures

Question
Hi, I have come into the possession of a coulple of prints and I don't know whether these are valuable or not.
The first picture is by Luke Fildes and is called A Village Wedding, published January 1885 by Thomas Agnew and Sonscv6. The second is a picture of a girl praying with a dog on her bed. It is by Burton Barber 1894

Answer
Clive--the first print definitely sounds like an offset reproduction; and the second print is likely to be so.  Look at them with a jeweler's loop or high powered magnifying glass, scanning colorful parts of the prints.  Rows of dots would confirm that they are offsets, of no particular value [$20 each].  Alan Klevit

check out Alan's latest book, Art Collecting 101, at www.booklocker.com.

Alan Klevit