Fine Art/Heywood Hardy Equestrian Artist

Question
Several years ago, I purchased an equestrian  print from a Goodwill for under five dollars because my daughter loves horses.  I noticed that it was a little tattered and scratched, very antique looking, however, it is a vibant and beautiful print so I felt the scratches didn't take away from the beauty of the print.  Upon further inspection, I noticed that it says G.P. 1821 Litho in USA in the bottom right corner, and that number is also stamped on the back.  In the bottom left corner, the artist's signature is cut off, however, you clearly see the last name which is Hardy, and it looks like a ood before that.  So I think it is a Heywood Hardy lithograph.  I have looked on the internet at many of his prints, and do not recognize this exact one, however it is clearly his style and I believe one of his paintings.  I have no other information about where it came from or how old it could be.  Could this be a valuable lithograph?  The colors are very vibrant, almost 3-d looking...it doesn't look like a normal print.  I don't know where to take it to find out how valuable it is, if at all.  Could you tell me if you know anything about this artist, or where I could find an expert who does.  I don't think I would sell it even if it is valuable, because it is so beautiful, I'm just  curious and would like to know the name of this piece of artwork.  Thank you for your time.

Answer
I don't know the artist.  Regarding "lithograph"--look at the print through a magnifying glass or jeweler's loop.  If you see rows of dots, it is an offset lithograph [a reproduction].  If not, it may be a lithograph pulled from stones or plates.  You could call Sotheby's and see if they know the artist and potential value.
good luck.
alan.

Alan Klevit