Fine Art/Huldah

I have 2 Huldahs that I bought at a yard sale in Chicago in the early 80s. One is Girl with a Muff. Signature in the Left. The other is a woman wearing black putting on white gloves signature on right.  Both 18x21 1/2 and framed the same.  Heavy paper.  Should I take it to a dealer or how do I tell if it is real?  Thanks.

Cherry Jeffe Huldah biography

Born in Dallas Texas. Studied in New York, attending classes at the
Grand Central School, graduated to the Art Student's League. She also
attended private classes taught by Robert Brackman. Huldah began her
career in the1940s. From 1934-1949 she was represented by the noted New
York art dealer and collector, Howard Young. In the 1950s, the Charles
Lock Galleries of NewYork also exhibited her work. In 1975 Wally Findlay
Galleries in New York presented her first one-woman show. Four of her
works were purchased by the Duke and Duchess of Windsor. Her paintings
have been reproduced by the New York Graphics Society since 1946 and by
Hallmark cards since 1953.

Huldah has had her paintings selected for the Grand Salon of the Salon
des Artiste Francais in Paris. She won Honorable Mention awards on the
Salons of1948 and 1967. She is listed in "Who's Who in American Art",
"Who's Who of American Women" and the "World Who's Who of Women". Her
paintings are in the collections of the Georgia Museum of Fine Art,
Columbia Museum, Norfolk Museum of Fine Arts, Sheldon Swope Museum of
Arts, Cornell Medical Center, and in the Los Angeles Athletic Club. And
in 1998 the national Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington DC
recognized Huldah and has included her work on their permanent

I have seen the works you mentioned,  quite often as posters for affordable prices. If you have a work that is hand signed by the artist, you need a proper appraisal.
Please send a request to my email address so I can keep their info secure.

My email address is:

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.