Fine Art/Huldah Painting

Question
QUESTION: I have a huldah painting from my deceased mother. Recently, we have gotten it out of storage and were wondering about its worth. could you please tell me if you would know its value? Its a young girl standing what looks like at a horse race in the background. She is holding a ticket I think. She is blond and wearing a pink dress. Thank you, Laurinda
ANSWER: Hello Laurinda,

In order to determine what your huldah painting is worth I need to know who painted it, what size it is and what condition it is in?

Cheers, Brent

QUESTION: Hi Brent, thanks for getting back to me. I don't know who painted it. It just says huldah on the lower left bottom corner with a c in a circle. I guessed that huldah was the painter. I don't know much about this stuff. Thanks, Laurinda

Answer
Laurinda,

You may have a painting by American artist Cherry Jeffe Huldah (1901 - 2001).  She was very influenced by La Belle Epoque period and often painted women in turn of the century attire.  The C with a circle around it is the Copyright symbol.  Is it a reproduction of some kind or is it an oil painting on canvas or a gouache (similar to watercolour) on paper?

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke