Fine Art/Huldah paintings

I bought 2 paintings at an auction. I thought they were prints, but on closer inspection, I can see brush strokes. It looks like oil on canvas. They are both signed on the front: huldah. On the back of one (they are both framed with an antiqued white hard plastic frame) it says V1081 - 252 Yvonne, on the back of the other one it says:V1081 - 252 Marianne. It is also stamped on the brown paper backing Illinois Moulding CO. Chicago 8 Illinois. Can you tell me anything about these?

Dear Kellie,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.