Fine Art/IDENTITY OF ARTIST

Question
I HAVE A PAINTING DONE IN PASTELS OF A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN AT A WELL. MY FAMILY ACQUIRED THIS PAINTING FROM A FRIEND BUT IT WAS HIDDEN BEHIND A FRAMED RELIGIOUS POSTER. WE FOUND IT BY ACCIDENT WHEN THE POSTER WAS RIPPED. SHE IS HOLDING A BUCKET WITH THE INITIALS O.L.R. COULD IT BE SHE WAS SMUGGLED INTO THE COUNTRY? ANY IDEA WHAT OR WHO O.L.R. ARE?  ANY HELP OR LEADS WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED.  THANKS.

Answer
Hello Colleen,

I love intrigue! I haven't looked up the initials, but if you send me clear JPEG's of the painting and a close up of it's signature I will see if I recognize it.

I have found wonderful treasures behind reframed prints. One reason is because people inherit or purchase framed art and later decide to add their own images over the old. Thank goodness they did not throw the old images away and left them in "framed storage" for us to find later.

If there are any other markings, please note them and the size. Email to: dolly12@aol.com

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley