Fine Art/Identification

QUESTION: Would you be able to tell me who painted this?

ANSWER: No image came through?  I see only a broken link symbol.

QUESTION: If I click on the "image:Painting 3, it opens fine. I will make it smaller and try again.

ANSWER: If this is an original Oil or Acrylic, there should be a signature bottom right on the front and the framer would not have framed over it.  There should also be some writing or a label on the back.  If there are no identifying marks, it might be a replica of a known artists work.

We would have to research nudes, pastel colors in oil etc.

QUESTION: I was told it was by Henri Matisse. Here is an image of the back if that helps.

I didn't think Matisse when I first saw it. I have volumes of images (examples of Matisse), I don't see this image.

Matisse images are easy to find online.

There are works by the artist that have the pastel colors, but feel different than the one you have.

I could be wrong, but first impression, it seems like another artist.  There are Matisse experts out there, might be hard to find, but worth the effort.

You might start your search here, copy and paste this link to your address bar.

Dan Twyman

I can answer questions about Salvador Dali. While I cannot do FREE APPRAISALS, I might be able to help you sell your works. I can also help with Chagall, Miro, Picasso and other 20th Century Masters.

Questions about a type of art or medium can be answered with one response in most cases. Technical issues are easier to deal with than specifics about an artist. If you need help finding values or history on an artist, it will probably involve research that can sometimes take hours to complete. If you have more than one image to send, I will give you an alternate email address as this system cannot handle multiple images.

Late 70's early 80's Worked for a printer and learned the art or Lithography. Early to mid 80's Managed a publishing company that produced fine art both living and reproductions of the masters. Mid 80's to 2003 Senior Art Consultant with well known broker of Dali, Picasso, Miro, Chagall,Vargas,Max,Warhol and others. 2004 - 2005 Independent Art Consultant. 2005-2006 Beverly Hills Art Gallery(Living Artists) 2006 - Present Salvador Dali Society. Senior Art Consultant.

Publications Various online art publications.

Studied Art History, Methods of printing, Various Mediums. Studied anatomy, sketch art, Complex shading technique, Acrylic technique. Bloch books(Picasso),Salvador Dali publications(extensive). 30 Years life Experience in the arts as an artist, fine art broker,Gallery Director,art consultant.

Over 100 awards. Set records in the Art Brokering business.

Major Film Celebs/U.S. Ambassador/ Fortune 500 Company CEO's and high level employees. Over 300 repeat clients in Fine Art. Beverly Hills local and visiting repeat clients.