Fine Art/Identification of Oil painting help

Question
"Good Afternoon,
I bought a rather large oil painting in England when I was stationed there in the Air Force.  It depicts Napoleon's disinterment.  I am trying to figure out a way to id the picture.  Are their any lights that I can use or marks that I should be looking for.  Fyi, there are a couple of soldiers painted in the shadows on the left side. I do have some photos to send."  

Answer
Dear Luis,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes