Fine Art/Identification of oil on canvas, circa 1850's or earlier

Robert E.Lee, ( "Robbie"), my husband's GG Grandmother,  affectionately named after Lee, painted an oil on canvas which Conservaton of Art is correcting for us follwing 150 plus years of linseed oil damage.  I have the original
" postcard" attached that she used with grid to do her painting.  I would love to identify this lovely piece of 2 lions in a den so that generations to come will know what this famous art is titled and artist.  I have sketched my version as well to give to my husband as anniversary gift this month while we await completion of our original on canvas, and would be most appreciative of identificaton as my sketch is anniversary gift this month to my husband.  HOw may I e-mail this postcard orignal to you?

Thanks so much!

Deborah Brooks, CRNP
Internal Medicine
Huntsville, Al

Dear Deborah, As I fly the Confederate 1st National flag on my flagpole, I would be pleased to help you if I can. Send a jpg image of the postcard to my email at
and make the subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.