Fine Art/Identification

Question
I have a framed painting that was bought by my late Grandmother in Scotland, it was in  turn passed to my late father and now to me.

I know nothng about it other that the artist's name which looks like a Helge Creninz 1884 and depicts a scene of a church in the background and some women washing clothes on a riverside.  

Where on earth do I start to look for information.  I can find nothing by searching the name and date on the internet.

Many thanks,

Angus  

Answer
Dear Angus, This a lovely watercolor of an Italian scene by a professional artist. I have searched numerous dictionaries of artists' names and annual auction indecies. I have even
used variations on the name and cannot find your artist. I can only think of two explanations for such a good artist not being listed. Often women were listed only by their maiden name or their married name, not usually both. Or your artist could have had an early death before being recognized.
It's a very nice piece of art, I would just enjoy it.

Dan

Daniel A. Hynes