Fine Art/Identify an Artist

Question
I have come into posession of two paintings and I am trying to identify the artist from the signature and whether the paintings are dutch or english. The paintings show both sides of a river mouth. You can see one of the paintings on http://www.bgould.dsl.pipex.com/art1.jpg and the signature on http://www.bgould.dsl.pipex.com/art2.jpg. Any help in identifying this would be appreciated.

Answer
Dear Brian,

Thank you for your question. The painting appears to be of a 19th Century Dutch harbor. I cannot make out the signature. It appears to me as W. Dahn....?

Can you send a photo of the signature on the second painting? It may be easier for me to read. If so; email it to: dolly12@aol.com; or post on a site as the other painting and I will take a look.

Best regards,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley