Fine Art/Identify Oil Paintings

I have two oil paintings on some kind of plastic canvas style in old gold frames.  I do not know how old but they were either my great grandmothers or grandmothers.  The signature in the lower right hand area is AST.  One painting is a road with a big tree and some bushes.  The other one is a cottage with mountains behind them like in Sweden or Dutch?  Please help!!

Dear Robin,

I will try to help you identify the artist, but unless your paintings are by a well known artist whose signature is listed; identifying the artist by just initials is nearly impossible. Let's start by having you email me jpeg images of the paintings. Please take clear photos of the front, back, and signatures of both paintings. Include close ups of any other writing on the front or back of the paintings. Email to:

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.