Fine Art/Identify Painting

I have a painting that I don't know how to identify. I would like some information on how to go about researching its artist, origin, etc. I don't know much about this subject so bare with me. The painting is of a "shopping center, city steet" with people in the foreground. There is a windmill in the center-background between two taller buildings. A smaller building connecting the two taller buildings has words that appear to read Maullin Ruge. My sister thinks it says Moulan Rouge, but I'm not sure. It appears the artist signed this painting with two names, one at the top of each of the taller buildings. It is not legible but I believe the letters are Catrell and Gerri. I think this is an oil because the texture of the paint is raised in some places. The only markings on the back are 20 X 24. I assume this is the canvas size. Any assistance you may offer would be appreciated.

Dear Cody, If you like you can send jpg images to my email
An image of the front, the back, and close-ups of the signature and any inscriptions or labels would be best. Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.