Fine Art/Identify Painting

Question
I purchased a badly-kept thick-oil-on-canvas painting from an estate sale in Northern NJ in the early 50s. I paid 50 cents. It is apparently a European impressionist painting of a black laborer with a hoe, followed by a small child carrying a collection of some sort of green produce.  The landscape is tropical.  Unfortunately the signature is badly chipped, but I can make out the following:
R. D. miY?ej?.  On the back is a sticker that says "Boekbinder en Listen makerij t/o Binnenweg"
Also, there are some pencil markings:
"A. Pou? /2/5"  and a price of 3-.
Any help in identifying the artist would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Charles Van deZande

Answer
Dear Charles, I think the painting is not European. Just an educated guess, but putting together: black laborer, produce, tropical landscape,and Dutch language, this may be South Africa or one of the former Dutch colonies in Indonesia or South America.
I'm not sure I could tell you more, but if you like you could send jpg images of the front, the back, the signature and label to my email at pirround@msn.com
Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes