Fine Art/Identify Painting

I purchased a badly-kept thick-oil-on-canvas painting from an estate sale in Northern NJ in the early 50s. I paid 50 cents. It is apparently a European impressionist painting of a black laborer with a hoe, followed by a small child carrying a collection of some sort of green produce.  The landscape is tropical.  Unfortunately the signature is badly chipped, but I can make out the following:
R. D. miY?ej?.  On the back is a sticker that says "Boekbinder en Listen makerij t/o Binnenweg"
Also, there are some pencil markings:
"A. Pou? /2/5"  and a price of 3-.
Any help in identifying the artist would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Charles Van deZande

Dear Charles, I think the painting is not European. Just an educated guess, but putting together: black laborer, produce, tropical landscape,and Dutch language, this may be South Africa or one of the former Dutch colonies in Indonesia or South America.
I'm not sure I could tell you more, but if you like you could send jpg images of the front, the back, the signature and label to my email at
Make your subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.