Fine Art/Identify artist.

Question
-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Dear Alan.
This question has gone out to Daniel 3 times and I haven't had a reply yet.
I have an old picture about 24" x 30" under a white border in a very old frame 3' x 4'. The picture is dated 1895 and the initials of the artist are "AR" with the "A" actualy joining the"R" so that the upright of the "R" is also the right side slope of the "A". The picture looks like it is pencil as it is all blackish-brown and depicts a woman possibly saying farewell to her husband in a room that looks like a kitchen, there are other family members in the room which look like their children and the childrens grandmother.
Their dress looks European possibly German or Austrian.
Can you help and place this on your "Fine Art Message Board"?
Thanks.
Peter Johnson.
Answer -
Sorry, Peter, but I don't know how to do that.

Do you mean that you can't identify the artist, if you can't, can you recommend another website that may be able to help?
Thanks.
Peter.

Answer
Sorry I wasn't more specific, Peter.  No, I cannot identify the artist; and I have no idea where to send you--perhaps the German Cultural Attache at their embassy [a long shot, I know], or Sotheby's or a museum that has a curator of old drawings [also long shots, I'm afraid].  Good luck.

Alan Klevit