Fine Art/Identify a painting

Question
Good afternoon, I came across your name in a google search. I am trying to identify a painting that has hung in my grandmothers dining room for more than 50 years. She is deceased, and I have the picture. It looks like oil painting to me, but I am not sure... The picture is a family sitting at the dining room table in prayer before the meal. There is a soldier at the table,his wife ( I assume) a grandfather, young boy, and little girl in the high chair. Can you direct me where to go to try to identify the painting? I have taken a picture of it on a digital camera... Thank you

Answer
Dear Sharon,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes