Fine Art/Identify a painting

Question
My mom has a paiting she got from her father who got it from his mother who got it from someone else in the family. I'm not sure how old it is, if it's a replica or anything. There's no name on it that I can see. It's in a gold colored, thick frame, looks like an oil painting. It's an Arabian man on a white Stallion. He's holding a rifle. Any idea what this could be?

Answer
This is about as difficult as diagnosing by phone! There are thousands upon thousands of artists in the world and millions of pictures. Without seeing an image of this, it is almost impossible to tell you with any clarity or even make a serious guess.
Send me an image through the web site and I will take a look at it for you.

David Freeman