Fine Art/Identifying Raeburn copy??

Question
Hi Dan,
i picked up a beautiful little oil painting at an OP shop here in Australia. It is  "Boy with a rabbit" in oils and  and to my untrained eye - well painted. It is only 3 x 3.5 inches..
It seems unsigned - unless it is below the edge of the frame and on the back has written:
"The age of innocence"  ..... Reynolds
In Oils
..... 1954"
Is this simply a copy of Raeburns" boy with a rabbit??? Did he ever do miniatures??
Thanks for your help..
Karen Messitt

Answer
1st, is this the artist you are referring to?

Artist: Sir Henry Raeburn (1756 - 1823)
Nationality: Scottish
Movement: British School of Portraiture
Media: Painting
Influences:

Biography:
Born in Scotland, Henry Raeburn was first apprenticed to a goldsmith, but turned to painting and was self-taught. He married a wealthy widow, and was able to travel and study in Italy under Pompeo Batoni. Upon his return to Edinburgh, Raeburn became a prolific and fashionable portrait artist. He became a member of the Royal Academy in 1815, was appointed His Majesty’s Limner for Scotland, and knighted in 1923.

Museum Replicas of well known artists works are common.   I don't recall the image you are referring to.  More research would have to be done.

Dan  

Dan Twyman