Fine Art/Identifying artist

Question
I bought an antique painting several years ago and I am trying to identify the artist.   I have pictures of the painting and a picture of the signature, but can't make out the name.  The First name begins with a "P" and the second name almost looks like an abreviation "Jas" and the after that there is a VI.   It is a picture of a courtyard,  perhaps a french courtyard.To the left of the painting is a large white statue with two women walking past it.  In the center of the painting there is a pinkish color buildingwith a dome and several women walking towards it.   I am getting no where in trying to find anything about this artist.  

Answer
Cindie--an overwhelming majority of paintings, especially old ones, are never identified, unless the artist is world famous.  The scene you describe is not any help, unfortunately.  Perhaps a professor of art history at a local college could help you.  Good luck.  Alan

Alan Klevit