Fine Art/Identifying a painting

Question
I have a painting (pretty sure it's a copy) but I do not know the artist.  I inherited this painting years ago and quite like it but, would enjoying knowing the artist and history.  It is of four women at the seashore with baskets for fish I would guess.  There are two young children in the picture also.  It looks like they are waiting for fishing boats to return.  The women have on wooden shoes and the children are barefoot.  One boy is leaning over and rolling up his pant leg.  Looking straight at the painting -- they are all looking to the sea on the left.  To the right are some others not clearly defined in the background.  The women have scarves around their heads.  And in the sea to the left you can see impressions of other ship with sails at a dock maybe.  More impressions of people there too.  I believe it was an oil on canvas.  It is about approximately 3' X 3 1/2'.

Answer
Dear Diane,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes