Fine Art/Identifying a painting

Question
Hi there --
I purchased a small painting of the Madonna in a London antiques shop, and the seller could tell me nothing about it.  It is approximately 8" x 10", painted on a gessoed wooden board.  It appears to be painted with tempera.  I am curious about the age of the piece.   

It is unsigned, painted in Italian Renaissance style.  It clearly has some age, but I don't know how old it is.  The wood has wormholes, and the the paint is somewhat darkened.  Do you think that it could be a 19th century reproduction?  I know that was a common practice.  

I bought it because I loved the delicate portrait, but I would like to get an expert's opinion of the painting's age and/or origin.  I can send a jpeg photo if you like.

Thank you for any information.  

Liz

Answer
Dear Liz,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes