Fine Art/Identifying a piece of art I have

Question
Hello! About a year ago I acquired a piece of art from a dead relative of what
seems to be an old oil painting of a younger woman playing the harp. She is
sitting on a stool and has a white cloth over her eyes, and I assumed she was
blind. I know this is probably a stretch, and I haven't been able to find any
names or anything significant on the painting, but if I were to send a picture
of it, do you think you could tell me any more about it? or perhaps if it's
valuable? I've always admired the small painting, but finally decided to inquire
about it. Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Answer
Dear Chelsea,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back (90% of respondents do not send me images of the back, I can obtain nearly as much information from the back as from the front), and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at damnfineart@yahoo.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do NOT research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Daniel A. Hynes