Fine Art/Identity of artist

I have a watercolor & pencil drawing that is of a little boy at a piano, playing & singing-along with a singing, or rather howling spotted dog. There is a "smiling" bear rug under the piano, and what appears to be "statue" on the piano that is perhaps of the artist himself. The time period seems to be around the turn of the century, but is maybe more around WW1. It is so perfectly done, and has some writing in French. One area says "Louie", I think, and another area has the phrase," The voice of the Mother", in French, and then the artists name, which I can not quite make out all the letters. I have some good pictures which I can send if you like. again, it is so perfectly drawn it has to have been done by a professional, an illustrator maybe.
Thank you!

Dear Judith,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not embed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.