Fine Art/Indentify oil on canvas signed "de silva"

I have a medium size (22" x 40") oil on canvas simply signed "de silva". My mother recalls it has always been around In her life. So it's at least 65 years old, if her memory is correct. We seem to know nothing else about this piece. It would just be nice to know the history behind the person who painted it; if there is a history to know. Thank you for your time. This is a remarkable service.

Dear Glen,

Thank you for your question. I can take a look at it and see if I can find the artist information. Please send me jpeg images of the front, back, and signature to: Please paste your original question in the text of the email for me.

Best regards,

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.