Fine Art/Info on a painting

My father purchased an oil painting for my mother about 33 years ago and now that my sister and I have acquired it we were hoping to get some information about it. The artist name looks like Promard or Promerd It is hard to make out. The painting itself is a forest setting with a stream running through it and the whole painting is painted a very deep red. It is about three feet long and two feet high. It is set in a very thick gold frame. It has been hanging on there wall for as long as I can remember and it is quit an eye catcher so any info will be very helpful. Thanks so much for your time

Dear Crystal,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.