Fine Art/Information on 1815 oil painting

Dear Mr. Hynes, I've received a painting from my Grandmother and I was wondering if you could give me any information on it. Heres what I have,its approx.8x12,oil on board, bottom left corner is what appears to be "J.W.P.1815" [Its hard to tell because of the old style script] It came from Watkins Art Store in Bpt.Ct.. On the rear I can make out bits and pieces, it looks like "Denlin of O" on the top line,#22c or #220 1WB under that. Next is what looks like Cor Mauer Beral for Mr Perrie and on the bottom it says Deliver to Mr Katerihorn.Its a picture of a lake in fall with what appears to be a sailboat regatta. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Dear John,
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.