Fine Art/Information on Ashbrook painting

I have an Ashbrook painting on wood an oil painting. My mother
purchased this painting about almost 40 years ago. It is signed Ashbrook and have a setting in the ocean with ships. The ships are the slave ships I think. It is three ships and the oil painting is in a black in red color tone. I would like to know more about this painting and the artist.

Hello Dianne, Do you have images of the painting you can email me or post them on a website?  If you email me images send good quality images of the front, back and signature area to .  Be sure to put AllExperts in the subject line.  What size is the painting?  Where was it purchased?  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.