Fine Art/Information on Ashbrook painting

Question
I have an Ashbrook painting on wood an oil painting. My mother
purchased this painting about almost 40 years ago. It is signed Ashbrook and have a setting in the ocean with ships. The ships are the slave ships I think. It is three ships and the oil painting is in a black in red color tone. I would like to know more about this painting and the artist.

Answer
Hello Dianne, Do you have images of the painting you can email me or post them on a website?  If you email me images send good quality images of the front, back and signature area to brent@landogallery.com .  Be sure to put AllExperts in the subject line.  What size is the painting?  Where was it purchased?  Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke