Fine Art/Information

Question
I have a 24" x 18" oil painting said to be on horse hair backing in a very ornate victorian frame painting is an open walk bridge with lots of trees and it is signed I think this is correct M C Pier and the C has a small white dot in the curve at the top.Can you tell me anything about this.
Thank you for your time.
Mary  

Answer
Dear Mary,

I have researched both possibilities according to your question; an artist by the initials M C and last name Pier, as well as McPier and have not come up with any artists that would fit your painting.

I cannot find anything on the use of horse hair for backing. Horse hair has been used in paint brushes, but the only reference on woven hair as a "cloth" was in reference to the making of early sieves.

I have over 3000 pieces of art and have many very fine quality paintings that were done by obviously accomplished artists that never gained recognition and remain unlisted.

If you can send me photos of the painting, as well as a clear image of the signature, I may be able to find something. It may be that you are not reading the signature correctly. My email address is dolly12@aol.com.

Thank you,
Dolly

Dolly D Headley