Fine Art/Inherited Painting

Question
Dear Mr. Hynes:

First, thank you for taking the time to review this entry.

I recently inherited an oil painting (canvas) from my Grandfather. The trouble is, I do not know anything about it.

I am interested in discovering following information:
1. The artist.
2. The possible location of the painting.
3. A possible date range in which it was created.
4. An estimated value.

I've attached a link to some pictures of this painting. The first is a large view, the second is a zoom. The third is a close up of the artist's signature and the fourth is the back of the painting. If you have any problems viewing the pictures, just let me know and I can forward them to you directly.

http://journals.aol.com/melriemer/Painting/

Any answers or further direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Melinda Riemer
melriemer@aol.com  

Answer
Dear Melinda,
The scene in your painting is the Tyrolian Alps, could be Italy or Bavaria. The date would be circa 1910 (+/- 10 years). Your second and third images are too dark for me to make out anything. Can you tell me what you can read of the signature and perhaps send a lighter image to my email danh.57@mindspring.com
Make the subject line allexperts, so I do not bounce you as spam.
It is a nice painting.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes