Fine Art/Inherited Painting

Dear Mr. Hynes:

First, thank you for taking the time to review this entry.

I recently inherited an oil painting (canvas) from my Grandfather. The trouble is, I do not know anything about it.

I am interested in discovering following information:
1. The artist.
2. The possible location of the painting.
3. A possible date range in which it was created.
4. An estimated value.

I've attached a link to some pictures of this painting. The first is a large view, the second is a zoom. The third is a close up of the artist's signature and the fourth is the back of the painting. If you have any problems viewing the pictures, just let me know and I can forward them to you directly.

Any answers or further direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Melinda Riemer  

Dear Melinda,
The scene in your painting is the Tyrolian Alps, could be Italy or Bavaria. The date would be circa 1910 (+/- 10 years). Your second and third images are too dark for me to make out anything. Can you tell me what you can read of the signature and perhaps send a lighter image to my email
Make the subject line allexperts, so I do not bounce you as spam.
It is a nice painting.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.