Fine Art/Itzchak Tarkau art

I own a boutique and have a customer who would like me to try and sell a piece by artist, Itzchak Tarkay.  She would like $1500 for the painting.  Here is the information I have on the piece:
Artist:  Itzchak Tarkay
Title:  Grace III
Medium:  Serigraph on paper
Size:  16" x 12"
Edition:  Artist Proof
Signature:  Hand-signed lower right

This information is listed on a certificate from Nathan Daniel Isen of the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Purveyors of Fine Art.
He has signed the certificate in his name followed by:
Author, "Louis Icart: The Complete Etchings".

To be frank, I know nothing about this artist, but I would like to help this customer out in selling this piece if it is worth it.

Thank you very much for your time.
Michelle Piper

Hi Michelle Piper

Itzchak Tarkay's serigraphs only sell for about $100-$500. I am not sure about this "Grace" but 1500$ is too much if it is only a serigraph. If it is a painting however $1500 is a low price since Tarkay's painting usually sell in excess of $3000.

I wouldn't trust certificates from Daniel Isen, since I have heard a lot of bad thing in connection with his name.

Best Regards, Soren

Søren Holmstrup

I can answer questions regarding Venetian paintings. ALL QUESTIONS THAT ARE NOT RELEVANT WILL BE REJECTED.

I have been a collector for several years.

I have studied art on my own for as long as I can remember.