Fine Art/J. Bianchi or John Bianchi paintings

Question
Hi! I recently purchased 2 oil paintings at a thrift store that are both signed J. Bianchi in red and on the back of the canvas they both have the title of the painting and his signature in black paint. They are both scenes from Italy, the first marked "View of Mt. Vesuvius" from Posillipo- Naples Italy  J. Bianchi, and the second marked "On the Lake of Como."  Italy  J. Bianchi. Can you give me any information about this artist and what these pieces might be worth? Also, is there a way I can tell if they are original? The canvas is held in place by nails over a wooden form that has 2 small wafers of wood in each inside corner. There is a mark on each piece of the wood form that says ANCO BILT or possibly ANGO BILT inside an artist's palette and Glendale, N.Y. but I can't make out the rest. I hope that helps. Please let me know what you think and if you need to know anything else. Thanks! - Sherry

Answer
Sherry--no reason to think that they are not original paintings.  I have never heard of the artist and none of his works appear in auctions in recent years.  My take on buying works by unknowns is that they are worth what enjoyment you get from them.  So enjoy.  Alan.

Alan Klevit