Fine Art/J. Bianchi or John Bianchi paintings

Question
Actually Dan, I feel that the value of a painting is in the artwork itself and not determined by where it was discovered. I recently found out from askart.com that this artist lived from 1867-1939 and therefore could not be post-1940. Thank you for your time and help. - Sherry
-------------------------------------------
The text above is a follow-up to ...

-----Question-----
Hi! I recently purchased 2 oil paintings at a thrift store that are both signed J. Bianchi in red and on the back of the canvas they both have the title of the painting and his signature in black paint. They are both scenes from Italy, the first marked "View of Mt. Vesuvius" from Posillipo- Naples Italy  J. Bianchi, and the second marked "On the Lake of Como."  Italy  J. Bianchi. Can you give me any information about this artist and what these pieces might be worth? Also, is there a way I can tell if they are original? The canvas is held in place by nails over a wooden form that has 2 small wafers of wood in each inside corner. There is a mark on each piece of the wood form that says ANCO BILT or possibly ANGO BILT inside an artist's palette and Glendale, N.Y. but I can't make out the rest. I hope that helps. Please let me know what you think and if you need to know anything else. Thanks! - Sherry
-----Answer-----
Sherry, Do you really believe something you purchased at a thrift store has any artistic value ? I am positive what you have are post-1940. I do not research anything post-1940 !!
If you feel otherwise please follow the instructions below.
If you would like to send jpeg images to me please keep each image of a reasonable size (not too large), and send them as “attachments”, do not imbed them in your email. If you are looking for identification or opinion regarding your painting best would be an image of the front (just the painting, don’t include your lovely living room or pick-up truck), the back, and close-ups of the signature, details of the brush-work, and any inscriptions or labels (use the macro setting on your camera for these close-ups). You can send this information to my email at pirround@msn.com and make your subject line “allexperts” so I do not bounce you as spam. It would be nice to receive feedback as I do this on my own time with no remuneration, free, no charge, nada. I do not research prints or artwork post-1940.
Cordially,
Dan  

Answer
Dear Sherry, "Bianchi" is a very common name. I found 36 artists listed by that name, and several that would be "J. Bianchi." If you would have sent me images I may have been able to identify the particular "Bianchi." If you have the knowledge to attribute the painting to John Bianchi (1867-1939) then do so. There is no indication that he was ever in Italy, and the record price for him at auction is $170. In "Davenport's Art Reference Guide" he is not even listed as a painter, but as a sculptor.
regards,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes