Fine Art/J.P. CROPSEY

Question
I have a painting, that is signed and dated as follows,
J.F. Cropsey
  1856

I would like to know if this is a print or the actual painting. I bought it @ a thrift store for $5.00.
The painting is of a river bank with a large tree @ the edge of the bank. Underneath the tree is a basket.
The  signature and date are in black ink. Can you help me?      
         Thanks  

Answer
Dear L.J., It is extremely unlikely that you have an original painting by Cropsey. Rather than ask you questions, perhaps you can send attached jpg images to my email at pirround@msn.com
I would like to see an image of the front, the back, a close-up of the paint surface, and the signature. Also include the exact size (without frame).
Make the subject line "allexperts" so I do not bounce you as spam.
Cordially,
Dan

Daniel A. Hynes