Fine Art/J trensensky in Wien

We have two lithograghs with German printing at the bottom. On the back it says coloured lithograph of area costumes of europe Published in Vienna. Circa 1840. On the bottom of the lithograph is #25 Luhogr und zu haben bey J. Trensensky in Wien. In larger letters Liebenburger. Is this print valuable?

Hello Dolores,

The writing along the bottom in German says that it is a lithograph by J. Trensensky from Vienna (Austria).  I cannot determine who the artist of your print is and therefore, I cannot determine its approximate value. Similar prints, if in perfect condition, have values ranging from $50.00 to $150.00.

Cheers, Brent

Brent Luebke

19th Century to modern Canadian and western European fine art including paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography and original prints.

Sixteen years as an art dealer in Edmonton, Alberta Canada.

Edmonton Executive Association

Edmonton Journal newspaper, various online art websites.

Post secondary art history.

Art Gallery of Alberta, University of Alberta, Glenbow Museum, Art Gallery of Ontario, National Gallery of Canada.