Fine Art/JFK portrait

Question
I have a charcoal/or pencil drawing of John F.Kennedy.  It was done by Louis Lupas - (drawn from life) It is an original from the John F.Kennedy Collection.  It was purchased from the Carl Bredmeier Gallery in Buffalo, Ny  Can you tell me anything about this

Answer
Louis Lupas is widely acclaimed for his pastel portraits of Presidents, politicians, and other high-profile figures. Lupas first honed his drawing skills as an artist for the Herald Tribune's Theatre section. In the 1950s, Senator Barry Goldwater convinced Louis Lupas to visit Washington D.C., where he was soon solidly engaged creating portraits of high society.

Although Mr. Lupas may have stayed down in Washington on occasion when he was working on portraits of Presidents and Senators, he always lived and maintained a residence in New York City on Riverside Drive during that time period. Many of Lupas' portraits were drawn from life, during portrait sittings.

Portrait of 35th U.S. President John Fitzgerald Kennedy
28.50" x 20"
Created: 1961
Auction House: Heritage Auction Galleries
See all lots for this auction
Pastel/Paper
Signed
Lot: 24179
Low Est.:   
High Est.:   
Sales Price**:    $43,020
10/29/2004

Joseph B. Laskowski