Fine Art/Jacques Zucker

Question
I recently discovered an oil painting in our attic and was wondering its value. The work is by Jacques Zucker of a woman lying beneath a window and the information on the rear reads ,"Interior", and bears the painters name.
Thank You for your time.

Answer
Jacques Zucker: Born in Poland Jacques Zucker came to live in the United States in 1913. After taking some art instruction in New York, Zucker's formal training took place at the Bezalel School of Art, Jerusalem, and at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Paris. During the 1920's Jacques Zucker established himself as a major painter of portraits, figure studies and landscapes. His expressionist art was exhibited in both America and in France. Zucker, in fact, made Paris his second home and he frequently participated in important exhibitions there. The influential French art critic and historian, Claude Roger-Marx, championed his art and in 1969 wrote the book, Jacques Zucker (published by Editions Paul Petrides).
 Today the art of Jacques Zucker is included in the collections of the Butler Museum of American Art, the Jewish Museum, New York, and at the Israel Art Center. His correspondence is in the collection of the Smithsonian Archives of American Art.
 Well traveled, Zucker both painted and drew scenes and studies in France, Spain, Italy, Poland, the United States and Israel. Scene in Majorca is a fine example of his Expressionist art. Above his signature Zucker his written, "Palma, 1932".

I have not seen any high prices on works by this artist, but there are very few auction results to go by. Also, in the world of fine art, there is no such thing as a FREE appraisal. I could probably keep digging and find more on this artist in some of my art industry reference books.

Dan

Dan Twyman