Fine Art/James Sessions painting

I ran across a picture in a consignment shop. It is on canvas and looks like an original(not sure) It state the title as "Rounding the Horn" would you have any idea what the value may be if it is an original?

Dear Pauline, James Sessions painted almost exclusively in watercolors. His marine paintings became so popular that they have been photomechanically reproduced on paper and on canvas. Some of the reproductions are so well done that they can even deceive knowledgeable art collectors. I have little doubt that the picture you describe is one of these reproductions. Nearly every resale shop in the country has a least one of these fakes. The best clue to identify a real Sessions painting would be a label from a major art gallery that does not sell prints, but only original oils and watercolors.

Daniel A. Hynes

Collecting, buying, selling, identifying, and caring for paintings, drawings,and watercolors (19th and early 20th century American and European). No prints, contemporary art, or works executed after 1940.

35 years as a fine art dealer, including 3 years as a gallery director. Also was art expert for Leslie Hindman's Auctioneers, and for Dunning's Auction.