Fine Art/Jaray Company Painting

I purchased a painting at a traveling flea market.  The painting is stamped "Jaray Company Little Rock, ARK  Reg. NO. JRP 1050."  The frame of the canvas says Glendale, NY with an artist pallete and two paint brushes.  This is a beautiful landscape of a watermill, pond, trees, and a small view of a mountain in the back.  The artist signature is illegable to me.  It is in an orange color, but the same color as some of the highlights in the trees.  It is something possibly similiar to Vidux Vass or Gass or Oass.  I'm not sure if the first name is Vidux either.  I studied art at the University of Central Arkansas 16 years ago.  Something about the painting strikes a chord.  The tones in the sky are very similar to many paintings in the mid to late 1800's.  But, I still can't figure out what I am seeing that I can't pinpoint.  Any help would be great.  I tried to research the Jaray Company in Little Rock, but could turn up nothing.  Thank you for any assisstance.

Hello Saprina,

I hope you are doing well and thank you for your question. If you can send images of the painting: full front and back, close ups of the signature and any other markings on the piece; I will try to help out on the identification.

Please send the images to:

Take care and I look forward to seeing your painting.

Dolly D Headley

I can assist with identification, acquisition, sell representation, and care of fine art prints and original paintings. Some of my artist specialties include Henri Toulouse Lautrec, California Artists, and the Modern Masters. I can also assist with information on getting professional appraisals and authentication.

Dolly D. Headley, owner of Headley Fine Art, LLC, has provided consultative art services to retail gallery clients in Sausalito, CA, and at since 1998. With over 14 years experience as a Senior Art Consultant, Gallery Director, and an extensive art research library; Ms. Headley has provided hundreds of people with her high quality personalized consultation services and solid guarantee of satisfaction. Dolly is a volunteer at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art.

Member of the Association of Online Appraisers.

The Fine Art Collectors News

Bachelor of Science; Self taught with thousands of hours research and retail gallery consulting. Personalized mentorship from various experts in the industry.