Fine Art/Joan Miro Painting Value

Dear Mr. Pinera,
I am a student at Branford High School, and I am currently researching Joan Miro's painting "Carnival of Harlequin" (1924-25).  Part of the project asks me to give a value for the painting (as I have to hypothetically "purchase" it).  I was wondering if you could give me any advice on how to come up with an approximate value for this painting, or if you could give me an idea of the value (whether it's in the tens or hundreds of millions, etc.)  Thank you for help.  

Eric Nemarich (

The estimate of a painting is very difficult, depend of many factors: subjective and objective. Objectives: Author, years, format, technique, etc. Subjective: Interest in painting, possible buyers, auction house involved into the auction and very important: provenance of the piece.
The easy way for you and for me and for anyone, research the dimensions, technique and years of production and compare with similar of same artist, you could do it in or davenport catalogue, etc. After that, add a 6 % per year with similar sold. Could be "Carnival of Harlequin", around or between 3.5 millions and 7.5 millions.
But you have to take a look to the macro-economy the price of oil, the real estate market, if we are in war, etc, etc, many factors.
I hope I have helped  you a little. Best Regards.

Hector H. Pinera

I have been researching, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century European Art (1880-1950) for the last 16 years. You could ask me any doubt you have about the most important Impressionist-Expressionist French-Spain painters. Including graphics/prints. I can answer questions in Spanish, too.

Nine years working with Galleries. Three years in Exhibitions Show, Curator. 10 years working with private collectors and art dealers.

I've helped with my opinion in:

PhD art. Some specialized courses in Impressionism and Mexican Art.

Sr Eduardo Alonzo. Private Collector. Madrid Spain. Mr Barrios. Art Dealer. Florida-USA. Sr Carlos Ayala. Private Collector. Mexico. Daniel d'Queiros private collector, Sr Jorge Lopez. Private Collector. Mexico.