Fine Art/John F Kennedy Original??

I have this portrait of JFK its about 24"x 20"(best guess) that is in pencil or charcoal. It doesn't have a number on it.It is signed by Ozz Franca 1963.I know he did the big eyed kids & Indian artworks,but have never really seen too much on this kinda work from him. Can you give me some idea of what it might be worth?Also how can i tell if it is an original piece?

Kelli, get a loop (magnifying glass) and look at the piece. If you see dots, than it is a repro. If you don't more than likely it is an original.  He doesn't bring alot for his paintings. Maybe this is unique. I would suggest a major auction house look at it.

Joseph B. Laskowski

I have been researching,buying, collecting, dealing, and appraising 19th and 20th Century American Art (1850-1950) for the past 15 years. Ask me anything about this topic. I am a member of the Pennsylvania Antiques Appraisers Association.

Experienced in American Art from the period 1850-1950. This Includes Impressionism, Regionalism, Early American Modernism, Hudson River School, WPA. I have 15 years researching, collecting, dealing, and appraising in this field. Ran a Fine Art gallery for 3 years in Phoenixville, Pa. that focused on American and European art from the 1800's to contemporary works. Rare books focused on fine art monographs and catalogue raisonne.

Pennsylvania Antique Appraisers Association
American Society of Appraisers (Candidate)

Brimfield Rush, a book written by Bob Wyss of the University of Connecticut. It details the escapades, trials and travails of myself, my ex, and other individuals who have been to Brimfield , Mass. to tame the largest flea market in North America. Maybe even the world.

American Society of Appraisers
BA from Lenoir-Rhyne University in North Carolina
Appraisal Studies at George Washington University