Fine Art/John Joesph Barker Of Bath

Question
QUESTION: Hello, I have an original oil painting called untitled landscape, by John Joseph Barker. I have all the paperwork with it as well. My question is, how come I can't find this painting anywhere online, or in google. Thank you in advance.

ANSWER: Are you referring to John Joseph (of Bath)Barker?

There are many links referring to this artist.

Check it that way and see if you get better search results.

Dan

QUESTION: Yes John Joesph of bath, untitled landscape, executed  cira 1870, I could never find the same oil painting that i own, online. And I was told this painting, sells for around 9,000.00 Am I in the range of its value. Thank you in advance.

Answer
I'm sure there is a nich market for this artist and there are probably a few people that specialize in the work or maybe a few dedicated collectors of the work. Finding them is the issue.
Remind me, are you trying to sell this?  If so, it might make sense to get appraisals done (might cost $200.00 or maybe less.) After the appraisals, I can recommend a few places to try and sell it. I don't do appraisals because I am an art consultant, but I can refer you to a few with good reputations.

Dan

Dan Twyman